Sam Vande Weerd joined Main Street Advisory Group in 2013 and began building a dedicated team with the vision of helping clients reach their life goals. Under Sam’s leadership, the team now provides comprehensive financial planning services, ensuring that each client’s recommended programs encompass their unique financial goals, time frames and risk tolerance.
Sam’s background includes 15 years in higher education and coaching before transitioning into financial services almost 20 years ago. Sam focuses on providing high net-worth and business succession planning. Throughout his professional career, Sam’s goal has always been to help people, and he believes when clients are able to use their resources to bless themselves, their families, and others, it can be very satisfying.
He and his wife, Jill, live in Pella and have three children—Bailey, Zach and Ross. He enjoys exercising, sports, traveling and playing with his granddaughter. Sam also volunteers at The Well Resource Center in Pella, providing budgeting services for individuals and families in need.
- Master’s degree: Iowa State University
- Bachelor’s degree: Central College
- Series 65 - Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 - Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE - Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 - General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 - Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Life and Health Insurance License
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor® (CRPC®) designation
- Favorite business book: Good to Great, Jim Collins
- Role model: “My dad, because of his humble servant spirit and attitude.”
- First car: 1986 Ford Tempo
- Hidden talent: “I can juggle 3 round items at a time – tennis balls, oranges, etc.”
- Most known for around the office: Caffeine addiction and crimes of fashion